This creamy and rich salad layered in wonderful colors is a favorite on all occasions. It is very easy to make and takes little time. Recommend making it in a glass bowl, for it's a pity not to see all the colors.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 hard-boiled eggs (cooled)
- 400 grams ham (thin slices)
- 400 grams feta cheese
- 400 grams mayonnaise
- 400 grams sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Winter Salad is a community recipe submitted by belgrade and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Boil potatoes in skin, let cool and peel.
- Slice ham into 1cm wide strips 2 cm long.
- In a glass bowl (effect of layers comes through) shred 2 potatoes to cover evenly the bottom (large holes).
- Over the potatoes shred 2 eggs. Put 200g of ham over this.
- Over the ham shred 200g of feta.
- Mix together mayo, sour cream and lemon juice, and pour over the top.
- Refrigerate for 1 hour at least.
For decoration I use long strips of ham and make roses, or shred a bit of feta or boiled egg yolk. Can make 1/2 serving.