I got this recipe from my sister-in-law 13 years ago. I have been making them ever since. I get constant requests for the recipe. I'm glad to share it. My special secret ingredient is 1 teaspoon of almond extract in addition to the vanilla. It gives the cookies a richer flavour!!
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups butter
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 5 cups quick-cooking oats
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 24 ounces milk chocolate chips
- 1 large chopped chocolate bar (into pieces)
- 3 cups nuts
Chocolate Chip Cookies is a community recipe submitted by catarina m and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Yields 112 cookies or 56 Catarina-sized cookies. Enjoy!