A lovely fresh alternative to coleslaw. This salad can be made a day ahead, though it is lovely eaten right away.
- ¼ small savoy cabbage
- 1 large shallot
- 1 lebanese cucumber
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- ¼ teaspoon superfine sugar
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
Cabbage and Cucumber Salad is a community recipe submitted by Coby and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Shred cabbage finely. Chop shallots finely.
- Slice cucumber in half lengthways, and remove seeds using a teaspoon. Slice cucumber into crescent shapes fairly thinly.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
- Combine oil, lime juice, garlic, sugar and seasonings in a small bowl, whisk together well or shake in screw top jar. Pour over cabbage mixture.
- Toss well to combine.