These are irresistible, dense, buttery, melt in your mouth muffins. I consider them dinner muffins where here in the states we eat them with spicy southern cuisine, swathed in butter and honey. Enjoy! From La Casa Sena (in Santa Fe, New Mexico). The best corn muffins I have ever had.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 125 superfine sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 roasted, peeled, seeded and chopped poblano peppers ( Anaheim green peppers also work well)
- 125 fresh sweetcorn kernels (steamed until just tender)
- 125 grated cheddar cheese (sharp)
- 125 monterey jack cheese (mellow white melty cheese)
- 125 all-purpose flour
- 188 blue corn meal (American staple ingredient that can be substituted with yellow corn meal)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 188 buttermilk
Blue Corn Muffins - Corrin is a community recipe submitted by Corrin and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
(NOTE: I am a corn, cheese, pepper fanatic, so I often add more of these ingredients than this recipe indicates)