A super sauce for pasta. Chilli can be added to the sauce for an extra 'kick'. The vegetables can be altered to suit your own personal tastes. If you thickn the sauce it can be used as a spread for pizza bases. If you dilute the sauce with vegetable stock this can be turned into a soup. Any excess of the sauce can be successfully frozen at -18 degrees centigrade for 1 month.
- 1 clove garlic (finely chopped)
- 2 onions (chopped finely)
- 2 carrots (grated)
- 2 courgettes (grated)
- 2 tins tomatoes
- 1 butternut squash (peeled and grated)
- 2 red peppers (finely chopped)
- 1 parsnip (peeled and grated)
- 1 pinch of oregano (a large pinch)
- 1 bay leaf (cracked)
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch of pepper
Seven Vegetable Sauce is a community recipe submitted by Crafty Cookie and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.