Easy, tasty and very Aussie.
- 250 millilitres jumbo rolled oats
- 250 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 188 millilitres superfine sugar
- 125 millilitres desiccated coconut
- 113 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
Australian Anzac Biscuits is a community recipe submitted by Ericthekat and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
One thing to note about this recipe is the consistency of the mix, which needs to be quite stiff. If it looks too mushy, stir in an extra tablespoon of flour before putting on the trays. Otherwise the biscuits might spread too much and you get that cowpat shape.