Mix together all dry ingredients. Beat eggs & add oil. Combine dry ingredients with egg mixture. Fold in carrots & nuts. Pour into three greased 9-inch layer pans (floured & buttered, parchment circles in bottom). Bake at 350F for 25-30 minutes OR at 300F for 45 minutes (both cooking times work).
My mom's carrot cake with cream cheese icing.
For the Cake
- 500 millilitres flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 500 millilitres superfine sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 375 millilitres vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 750 millilitres grated carrots
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 250 millilitres chopped nuts ( pecans or walnuts)
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
For the Cream Cheese Icing
- 227 grams cream cheese
- 8 tablespoons butter
- ½ kilogram confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Baerbel's Carrot Cake is a community recipe submitted by exiledcal and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.