My twin Daughters love these biscuits. Great after a hard day especially with a large cup of earl grey tea. The dough can be frozen in shaped balls in sealed bags and Baked fresh when unexpected friends arrive.
EAT WHILST WARM AND GOOEY!
- ½ cup brown sugar (lightly packed)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 free range egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (unbleached or organic)
- ¾ cup self-raising flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- 4 ounces chocolate chips (milk, white or dark, or a mixture)
- ½ cup superfine sugar (or fine white sugar)
- 4 ounces softened butter
Imogene's Choc Chip Biscuits is a community recipe submitted by Imogene and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Cream butter, sugars and vanilla together.
- Gradually add lightly beaten egg. Beating well after each additon.
- Mix in well sifted flours and salt.
- Add choc chips and mix well.
- Shape into teaspoon sized balls and place on to lined baking trays.
- Press down on dough balls with fingers to flatten slighly.
- Allow room for spreadingn 3 cm.
- Bake in Moderate oven 180 C /350F for 10 to 15 mins.
- Cool on trays for 5 mins then transfer to wire racks until firm, if you can wait!