- 2 cups water
- 2 cups superfine sugar
- 2 pounds berries (2 lbs is about 5 cups)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Berry Sorbet is a community recipe submitted by Kafuffle and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Stir sugar and water together in a small saucepan over a low heat until sugar has dissovled. Bring sugar and water syrup to a boil, then remove from heat. Allow the pan to cool by putting it the fridge for a ½ hour.
- While the syrup is cooling, hull your berries and place them in a food processor or blender. Blend berries to a puree, then pour through a sieve inot a medium size bowl. Add lemon juice and stir well. Place the puree in the fridge for 10-20 minutes.
- Combine syrup and puree, then transfer into a freezer-proof tub (stainless steel is best).
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for 3-4 hours. Remove sorbet from freezer and puree once more in a food processor or blender. Return puree mixture to tub and freeze for a further 3-4 hours before serving.