Preheat oven to 160c/315f. Place the dry ingredients in a bowl, mix well. Place butter & syrup in a pan over medium heat and melt. Place the bicarb and water in a bowl and stir to combine. Add the bicarb to the saucepan. Add the liquids to the dry ingredients and mix together. Roll teaspoons of the mixture into balls and place on a greased and lined baking tray. Flatten each ball gently with a fork. Bake for 15-20 minutes, allow to cool. Makes approx 20 biscuits.
Recipe from Bill Granger Sydney Food
- 250 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 250 millilitres desiccated coconut
- 150 millilitres brown sugar
- 250 millilitres quick-cooking oats
- 113 grams butter
- 1 tablespoon golden syrup or light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
Anzac Biscuits is a community recipe submitted by KitchenGoddess and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.