The cookie is a butter cookie and is topped with icing. :D
For the Cookies
- 3 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup softened butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch of salt
For the Icing
- confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons warm water
- food colouring
Crystal Cookies is a community recipe submitted by kitchenlover and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Using electric mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy. Gradually add sugar Add egg and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix dry ingredients Then add it to the liquids.
- Divide the dough into two parts and wrap it with plastic, place it in the fridge for 15 minutes or up to 24 hours.
- Roll the dough flat [not too thin not too thick] then cut it with cookie cutter.
- Grease the cookie sheet then preheat the oven for 10 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit .
- Put the cookies in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Put the sugar in a bowl, add the warm water mix it, then add the food coloring.
- Put the icing on top of the cookie after the cookie is baked. The icing will harden on the cookie.
Tip: the cookie must not be too golden brown. It tends to be harder than it should be when it cools down. It's OK when not all of them are golden brown. Re- roll the scraps!
TIP: the icing must be not too runny or not thick. There's no specific amount of confectioner's sugar.