A Pumpkin Crepe cake? That sounds crazy you might think, it was an idea inspired by one of my favourite chefs. . This simple no bake cake is fantastic especially served up with some fresh cream..sooo yum it will make you see pumpkin in a whole new light!
For the Crepes
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups skimmed milk
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1¼ cups flour
- 2 teaspoons melted butter
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- walnut (to decorate)
For the Pumpkin Filling
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree (or 450g of pumpkin - cut, peeled and boiled so still soft enough to mash)
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅓ cup skimmed milk
For the Chocolate Ganache
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate
- 1 ounce cold butter
- 1¾ fluid ounces cream
- 1 pinch of cornstarch
Pumpkin Crepe Cake is a community recipe submitted by Konstant Kraver and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, flour,confectioners' sugar, ginger,vanilla essence and butter. Refrigerate.
- In a microwave-safe container, mix pumpkin, sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and milk. Microwave for approximately 1 minute, until heated through, and stir.Set the pumpkin filling aside.
- Coat a skillet or small saute pan with cooking spray, and place on a burner over medium heat. Pour about 1/4 cup of crepe batter into the pan, tilting to coat the pan’s surface. Cook about 1 minute, flip, and cook for roughly another minute.
- Remove crepe from pan, place on a serving plate. Repeat step 3 with the remaining batter, making roughly 18 crepes in total. Leave aside to cool for about 10 minutes.
- Now ASSEMBLING IT-This has to be assembled on the platter it will be served on because once it is up you wont be able to shift it.
- To start off, place about a 1Tbsp of the pumpkin filling on the center of the platter and smear it in a circle so the first crepe will be held in place.Place the crepe on top of the pumpkin filling then spread over another 1 or 2 Tbsp of the pumpkin over the crepe and spread it out and place the next crepe on top.Repeat until all are done.
- Chop up the bittersweet chocolate and place it in a bowl with the butter and pop it over a pot of simmering water and gently melt the chocolate and butter,make sure the bowl is not touching the water.
- Once that is done add the cream and a pinch of cornstarch.Stir it all together till you have a glossy thick ganache.
- Pour over the chocolate ganache on top of the last crepe and spread all around making sure the top is covered nicely. Place walnuts on top
- Leave to set for about 20 minutes , slice and serve with fresh cream