After some more experiments in my kitchen with results, who found gradually more mercy in the eyes of my men, I am happy to present the recipe for my Choco-Coco-Muffins to you. They are loaded with nutritious ingredients. I hope you enjoy these muffins as much as my men do. They make a great breakfast or snack and I put them into my son's tiffin boxes. What a relief, when I can open the fridge door early morning and pull out something homemade and healthy for his tiffin box!
- 4 medium eggs
- 500 millilitres sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 250 millilitres unsweetened cocoa
- 250 millilitres coconut oil
- 113 grams desiccated coconut
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 500 millilitres quick-cooking oats
- 750 millilitres wholewheat flour
- 375 millilitres milk
- butter (for greasing)
- 1 sprinkling of confectioners' sugar (for dusting)
Choco-Coco-Muffins is a community recipe submitted by Kornelia and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
If you use big moulds you have to bake them 5 more minutes in the oven. Just be careful not to overcook them. Overcooked muffins tend to turn dry.
Makes 22 small muffins or 12 big ones