Rather than hiding these lovely fruits under a piecrust, (allthough nothing wronge with that!), let them lighten up your room to add sparkle to table and plate alike!
- 500 millilitres water
- 250 millilitres dry white wine
- 313 millilitres sugar
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 slices lime peel
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 750 millilitres melon balls (cantaloupe, honeydew or Crenshaw)
- 2 tablespoons minced candied stem ginger
Gingered Melon/Lime Compote is a community recipe submitted by Krakra58 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Peeled and quartered kiwi fruit or stemmed Figs, halved, may substitued for the melon.