Cream together the margarine or butter and the sugar. Mix in the egg, vanilla, and the persimmon pulp. In a large bowl, combine the sifted flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg. Add the persimmon mixture into the dry and stir to combine. Add the chopped nuts and dates to the batter and gently mix to incorporate all of the ingredients. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls on to a cookie sheet that has been lightly greased, or use a Silpat baking mat. Bake at 350 F for 15 to 20 minutes.
This is an old recipe that I've been using for years. It makes a wonderful cookie. :-)
- 125 millilitres brown sugar
- 125 millilitres granulated sugar
- 125 millilitres margarine (or butter, creamed)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 250 millilitres persimmons (pulp only)
- 500 millilitres sifted flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 250 millilitres chopped nuts
- 250 millilitres chopped dates
Persimmon Cookies is a community recipe submitted by Lea and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.