Courtesy of Tyler Florence from his book called "Real Kitchen". This recipe is really easy to make and takes about 45 minutes from the start of the recipe to your table. These are delicious and really easy to make. Technically, I found the lemon glaze quantities to be a bit too much. I used about half of the mixture to pour over the scones. I don't like them too sweet.
For the Blueberry Scones
- 500 all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting the blueberries)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 5 tablespoons cold unsalted butter (cut into chunks)
- 250 heavy cream
- 250 fresh blueberries
For the Lemon Glaze
- 125 lemon juice (or lime)
- 500 sifted confectioners' sugar
- 1 finely grated unwaxed lemon (zest)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
Blueberry Scones With Lemon Glaze is a community recipe submitted by Lilo and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.