This is a lovely, light entree. I love the combination of the citrus, shrimp and pasta. I had something similar to this dish in a cafe in the late 80's, then spent a couple of years obsessively trying to recreate it. I have shown the recipe using only one jalapeno chilli - I generally like it with more heat and use two.
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter
- juice of 1 lime
- 20 large shrimp (peeled and cleaned)
- 250 millilitres minced shallots
- 1 minced jalapeno peppers
- 250 millilitres dry white wine
- 500 millilitres orange juice
- 125 millilitres cream
- 227 grams angel hair pasta
- 125 millilitres minced fresh parsley
- parmesan cheese (a block with a grater)
Pasta With Shrimp and Orange-Jalapeno Sauce is a community recipe submitted by megan and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.