You can use this dough as a base for any fruit/nut combo, but my favourite is the date and pecan or dried fig and walnuts. These make a decadent breakfast, or snack. Sorry, I only have north american measurements! The recipe comes from a Toronto bakery, Wanda's Pie in the Sky.
- 250 millilitres cubed butter
- 750 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 415 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 188 millilitres brown sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 313 millilitres heavy cream
- 250 millilitres (hopped pecan nuts
- 250 millilitres chopped dried dates
Date and Pecan Scones is a community recipe submitted by Mishka and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.