Preheat oven at 375F or gas mark 4. Grease and dust 9x9 shallow pan. Cream butter and sugar. Add eggs and mashed bananas. Finally add the heavy cream and lemon mixture. Combine with the sifted dry ingredients. Do not over mix. Fold in the desired nuts and dried fruits. Pour in the prepared pan and bake for 45 min or until cake springs back. Cool on racks. Serve with cream or pastry cream.
- 1 stick butter
- 250 millilitres sugar
- 2 eggs
- 500 millilitres mashed bananas (over ripe)
- 125 millilitres heavy cream
- 1 lemon juice (just and zest - mix with the double cream)
- 500 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 250 millilitres raisins (or mixture of nuts or both - to make 1 cup)
Ultimate Moist Spicy Banana Cake is a community recipe submitted by Monica100 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.