- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mashed bananas (over ripe)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 lemon juice (just and zest - mix with the double cream)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (or mixture of nuts or both - to make 1 cup)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Ultimate Moist Spicy Banana Cake is a community recipe submitted by Monica100 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.