Sweeten up your week with these dreamy no bake Picota cherry cheesecake bars. Gluten and refined sugar free and so simple to make!
- 1 cup medjool dates
- 4 heaping tablespoons agave syrup (alternatively, use maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ cups pecan nuts
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (use the buckwheat in it's original form, not as a flour)
- 2 heaping tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
Cashew Vanilla Filling
- 2 cups cashew nuts (soaked in hot water for 30 mins)
- 1 cup agave syrup (alternatively, use maple syrup)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup coconut milk Full fat
- 1 lemon juiced
- 2 cherries (be sure to use European Picota cherries)
- 3 tablespoons agave syrup (alternatively, use maple syrup)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
No Bake Cherry Cheesecake Bars is a community recipe submitted by FarranWincott and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Line a loaf tin with parchment paper. Add all base ingredients to a food processor or high speed blender and blend until it forms a dough. Press evenly into loaf tin and set aside to chill in the fridge.
- Blend all cashew filling ingredients together for at least 8 minutes, until super smooth and silky.
- Pour into a bowl and rinse out the blender. Add most of the cherries and agave to the blender and process until smooth.
- Spoon heaping tablespoons of cashew vanilla and cherry filling on to the base and swirl with a chopstick to combine. Top with remaining cherries and set aside to firm up in the freezer overnight.
- Let thaw for 20 mins before slicing and eating.