This is a recipe that I have been using for years! It has never failed me :)
- 250 millilitres margarine (or butter)
- 375 millilitres brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs
- 1½ teaspoons best vanilla extract
- 563 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 750 millilitres chocolate chips
Chocolate Chip Cookies is a community recipe submitted by otonabee and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
If you don't have a mixer you can always either mix by hand or just melt the butter and then add the brown sugar (it doesn't have to be light and fluffy - the results might be a different texture but it will deliver the calories!)
The dough also freezes so you can reheat in case of emergency. Its also wonderful just raw but that is another story...