It's a favorite of everybody here - my family, relatives & friends.
For the Sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup brown sugar (or white sugar)
- ½ cup chopped garlic
- ½ cup chopped onion leaves
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
For the Chicken
- 1 chicken (cut into bite sized pieces)
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup cooking oil (for frying)
Chicken Ala Lu (After My Name) is a community recipe submitted by panchita and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
It's very delicious I tell you; you can partner it with rice, mashed potato, baby potatoes w/parsley & butter, or pasta. It's my own recipe Nigella! Please try it and you'll love it! You can name it CHICKEN ALA NIGE.