Easy to make - just grill once the dough has risen.
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 4 cups flour
- 10 yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 large egg
- 3 teaspoons salt
Naan Bread is a community recipe submitted by passionfruit and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Put all ingredients in the mixer with the dough hook attached. Knead till it forms a ball.
- Remove to a floured board. Cut dough into 6 large or 12 smaller pieces.
- Roll into flat oblong shapes, using flour on the board to stop them sticking.
- Place on a greased baking tray (I used two large oven trays) under a preheated grill for about 3 minutes on each side till golden.
- Serve warm.
I suggest adding Nigella seeds or painting with garlic butter after baking. Serve with curries.