A sinfully luscious recipe that combines flavoursome chicken, fragrant tarragon and sumptuous cream in a creation that glides like satin along the tongue
- 6 chicken thighs
- 250 millilitres fresh cream
- 100 grams leeks (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 2 teaspoons garlic (mashed)
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 pinch of saffron
- 1 teaspoon oil
Creamy Chicken With Tarragon And Leeks is a community recipe submitted by PeckishMe and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- With a mallet (if you have one) or a rolling pin, pound the chicken things until the flesh loosens. Coat them with some salt and pepper and keep aside to marinade.
- Heat a nonstick pan with some oil. Brown the chicken things on both sides until firm and golden. Take out of pan.
- To the same pan, add the mashed garlic. Once it browns, add the onion. Sautee till translucent.
- Add the leeks. Sautee till limp and fragrant.
- Then add the chicken and sautee for about 2 minutes.
- Add the cream. Mix well until it coats everything. Sprinkle the saffron, the tarragon and the chili flakes on top. Mix well.
- Simmer on low heat until the gravy thickens slightly. Add salt to taste. Serve warm.