These moist cakelike brownies are named after a charming town in the San Francisco Bay area.
- 75 millilitres canola oil
- 6 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa (unsweetened)
- 1 large egg
- 313 millilitres granulated sugar
- 325 millilitres flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 188 millilitres water
- 188 millilitres chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
- 125 millilitres coarsely chopped pecan nuts (or walnuts)
Benicia Bay Brownies is a community recipe submitted by Peri and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.