This was my first recipe with Coconut Milk and I've never look back ever since. I am still cooking this recipe and passing it on to friends as I go... ENJOY !!!
- 2 cups coconut milk (or cream)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons thai green curry paste
- 18 ounces chicken thigh fillets (cut into strips)
- ¼ cup water
- 4 leaves makrut lime leaves
- 4 ounces baby marrows (make ribbons with vegetable peeler)
- 2 tablespoons thai fish sauce (nam pla)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime peel
- 3 teaspoons grated palm sugar ( or soft brown sugar)
- cilantro (to garnish)
Green Chicken Curry is a community recipe submitted by ReneK and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- In a pan bring the coconut milk to the boil and cook over high heat for about 10 minutes, until small bubbles of oil begin to crack the surface of the coconut milk. - Heat the oil in a wok or a heavy based pan. Add the onion and curry paste to the wok and cook over high heat for about 1 minute, until the spices are fragrant. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 5 minutes, until the chicken is almost cooked. - Add the coconut milk, water, lime leaves to the wok. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for about 30 minutes until the chicken is tender. - Stir in the snake beans/baby marrows, fish sauce, lime juice, rind and sugar. Simmer another 2-5 minutes until veggies are just about cooked but still bright green in colour. Garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with steamed jasmine rice. - The ÂºCracking' of the coconut milk is a traditional technique used in Thai cookery. It separates the oils in the milk, giving the desired gloss. ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!