Poach fish in some of the milk in the oven. Make cheese sauce by melting butter, mixing in flour and allowing to cook gently for a moment add rest of milk gradually stirring with spoon or balloon whisk. Add cheese. Add tomatoes puree chilli sauce herbs and salt and pepper. Put in shrimp/seafood. Keep hot on hob. When fish is cooked add milk it was cooked in into sauce. Serve with sauce pored over. You can alter amounts of sauce depending on how many are eating. I find a little less than half a pint does two.
Just a very tasty simple dish which can be used for everyday or entertaining
- salmon fillet (or any fish you like, you could wrap the salmon in plaice)
- shrimp (and/or other seafood)
- 57 grams butter
- 57 grams flour
- ⅖ litre milk
- grated cheese (lots)
- 1 teaspoon tomato puree (or tomato ketchup)
- sweet chile sauce (a small amount)
- dried parsley (or other dried herbs of your choice)
- dried dill (or other dried herbs of your choice)
Simple Saucy Fish is a community recipe submitted by Rhyleysgranny and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.