Get Halloween off to a scary start with a bowl of this frighteningly good porridge!
- 3 persimmons
- 200 grams porridge oats
- 1 litre semi skimmed milk
- 8 blueberries
- 4 heaped tablespoons plain fat-free yoghurt
- 4 tablespoons pumpkin seeds
Scary Persimon and Blueberry Porridge is a community recipe submitted by SpanishPersimon and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Chop one Spanish persimon into chunks, removing the leafy stem. Puree in a blender. Cut the other persimon into slices, removing the leafy stems.
- Put the porridge oats into a saucepan with the milk and pureed persimon. Heat, stirring constantly, until the porridge boils and thickens. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3-4 minutes, stirring.
- Share the porridge between 4 serving bowls and level the surface. Top with the persimon slices, yogurt, blueberries and mixed seeds, arranged to look like scary faces. Serve immediately. Cook’s tip: If you’re vegan or dairy-intolerant, use oat milk or soya milk and a soya yogurt instead of dairy-based.