I found this recipe on www.chocolate&zucchini.com so that is where the credit lies. It is so easy to make, tastes delicious and you can use any type of yoghurt you like. I like strawberry or raspberry as you end up with a nice pink cake. Also it's easy to scale up for larger quantities, just stick to the right ratio. I've made some lovely individual muffins with the recipe too.
- 2 eggs
- 250 millilitres whole milk
- 250 millilitres unsweetened plain yogurt
- 250 millilitres sugar
- 125 millilitres vegetable oil
- 500 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (or extract)
- 1 tablespoon light rum
Yoghurt Cake or Gateau Au Yaourt is a community recipe submitted by sezz and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.