If you love hearing the crunch while eating vegetables and if you love pasta, this one is for you. The tomato sauce base will make kids love it too... a big plus!
- 63 millilitres chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 250 millilitres tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- 83 millilitres chopped carrots
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- salt (to taste)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (2 tbsp + 1 tbsp)
- 250 millilitres water
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (or mint or parsley, finely chopped)
- 750 millilitres macaroni
- 83 millilitres chopped bell peppers
- 83 millilitres chopped baby sweetcorn
Crunchy Veggie Macaroni is a community recipe submitted by Shubi and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Cooking the vegetables in the microwave helps them retain their color and texture rendering the boring white pasta into a colorful medley!