This is one of my favourite recipes as the ingredients are healthy but it tastes so creamy and therefore naughty!
For the base
- 150 grams oats
- 2 heaped tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
For the filling
- 3 bananas
- 100 grams cashew butter
- 75 millilitres coconut cream
- 1 heaped tablespoon coconut oil (melted)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder
For the topping
- cacao nibs or chopped chocolate
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Creamy Cashew Butter Banana Pie is a community recipe submitted by dontfrigwithmyfoodblog and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 150C.
- Blend the oats in a food processor until they resemble a flour consistency.
- Melt the coconut oil and mix it with the syrup and water. Pour it into the oats while the processor is on until it forms a dough ball in the machine. Then press the dough into a lined tin (4 inches across).
- Bake for around 15 minutes or simply leave to set in the fridge for 2/3 hours.
- Blend together all of the other ingredients except for the cacao nibs.
- Pour this mix onto the base, top with the nibs (and nuts if you fancy it) then place into the freezer for 30-40 minutes then transfer to the fridge for another 30 minutes.
- Place at room temperature for about 15 minutes before cutting and enjoying!