These delicious roasted spuds are an ideal accompaniment to a wide range of main course meals from simple sausages to roasted poultry, beef or even pan grilled steak or chicken breast. Excellent dished out onto a foil tray and popped onto a barbeque.
- ½ kilogram potatoes (unpeeled - good roasters are Maris Piper or King Edward, the smaller the better but bigger potatoes can be cut in half)
- 10 whole shallots (peeled)
- 4 cloves peeled garlic (and gently crushed)
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (use dried if you wish)
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme (use dried if you wish)
- 2 sage leaves (be careful how much sage you use, it's a powerful herb and can easily smother the other flavours)
- 2 bay leaves
- walnut oil (or olive oil)
- coarsely ground salt
- black pepper
Roasted Crushed Potatoes With Shallots, Garlic & Herbs is a community recipe submitted by steve189 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
You can either serve them immediately or allow them to cool and re-heat them, quickly in a hot oven or on the barbeque in a foil tray. Step by step photos on my blog at: http://easy-cookery-recipes-guide.blogspot.com/