I'm afraid that this recipe is rather vague as it was a slap-dash approximation of a dish that I was served a few years ago, and that I have just recreated in the kitchen this evening. It turned out beautifully, though completely different to the original dish. Serve with rice. Serves 1 very greedy person.
- 2 duck breasts
- 1 knob of butter
- 1 small sliced onion
- 3 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2½ centimetres finely chopped fresh gingerroot
- chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chinese five spice
- 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 teaspoon asian sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
Braised Duck Breasts With Five Spice is a community recipe submitted by TimBris83 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.