I created this recipe as a stuffing for roasted peppers, but now I love it just on its own as a snack or as an accompaniment to marinated roast chicken breast.
- ½ cup brown basmati rice
- 1 sliced onion
- 1½ tablespoons oil (flavourless, approximately)
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- 3 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds
- 3 cloves cloves
- 6 cardamom pods (seeds from)
- ½ teaspoon fennel seeds
- 3 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons hot chili powder
- ⅓ cup golden raisins (dried, soak in a little hot water for a few minutes)
- 2 tablespoons toasted pinenuts
Spicy Aromatic Rice is a community recipe submitted by TimBris83 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.