Simple recipe which takes max 10 minutes to prepare. It's potato fries Indian style and great as a snack or meal.
- 4 potatoes
- ½ teaspoon asafoetida
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1 green chilli (chopped)
- ½ teaspoon mustard seeds
- 3 tablespoons oil (any vegetable or seed oil)
- fresh ginger (grated)
- fresh coriander (chopped)
Potato Fries Indian Style is a community recipe submitted by Vidhirc and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- In a wok or pan heat oil. Add asafoetida and mustard seeds then add potatoes and stir.
- Add turmeric powder, paprika, green chilli, salt and stir. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Tip: ensure you stir after a few minutes so that the potatoes don't burn and to evenly cook them.
- Check if done: check if potatoes are cooked by piercing a piece and if it's soft and easily breaks then it is done.
- Once done add grated ginger and coriander and serve.