While this is definitely health food it's also nourishing and incredibly tasty. It's made in fifteen minutes and out of ingredients you can have at home at all times. Feel free to use white pasta. Personally, I think the nutty taste and bite of the whole grain pasta makes it more filling. It's also a nice contrast to the lemon dressing and the green veggies. The ingredients are roughly measured as i throw this together absent-mindedly. It's a matter of personal taste anyway. Great as a light summer dinner or your vegan addition to a BBQ. Also worth a thought as a packed lunch.
- 142 grams wholewheat penne (or any other shape you like)
- 2 handfuls green beans (frozen or fresh)
- 500 millilitres frozen peas
- 1 handful roughly chopped raw unsalted cashews
- 1 juice of lemon
- olive oil
- 3 teaspoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 pinch of sugar
Vegan Green Pasta Salad is a community recipe submitted by HannaBerlin and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.