Recipe Created by Angela Harcrow
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ⅕ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1 large egg
- ⅔ cup heavy cream
- ½ vanilla bean (seeds extracted)
- 4 ounces ghirardelli chocolate
White Chocolate Vanilla Bean Scones is a community recipe submitted by anharcrow and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Lightly grease (or spray) a baking sheet; set aside.
- In a large bowl add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt. Mix together.
- Add the butter and cut in with a pastry blender or two knives.
- Using a zesting micro-plane - zest 2 ounces of the chocolate and coarsely chop the other 2 ounces.
- Fold into the flour mixture. In a separate bowl whisk together the egg, vanilla and cream.
- Add cream to the flour mixture and mix until all dry ingredients are moist.
- Put dough out on a lightly floured surface and knead out into a circle around 8-9 inches in diameter.
- Cut into 8 wedges.
- Place on the prepared baking sheet about 1 inch apart.
- Bake at 425 degrees for about 15 minutes or until brown.