This has been developed from an original recipe from Delicious Magazine some years ago.
For the Chocolate Loaf
- 85 unsweetened cocoa (organic)
- 296 boiling water
- 113 softened butter
- 284 superfine sugar
- 3 large lightly beaten eggs (organic)
- 198 all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 bittersweet chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa, lightly drizzled)
Welsh Black Mountain Chocolate Loaf is a community recipe submitted by Anonymous and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.