This has been developed from an original recipe from Delicious Magazine some years ago.
For the Chocolate Loaf
- 3 ounces unsweetened cocoa (organic)
- 10½ fluid ounces boiling water
- 4 ounces softened butter
- 10 ounces superfine sugar
- 3 large lightly beaten eggs (organic)
- 7 ounces all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Topping (Optional)
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa
- 1 teaspoon confectioners' sugar
- 1 bittersweet chocolate (minimum 70% cocoa, lightly drizzled)
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Welsh Black Mountain Chocolate Loaf is a community recipe submitted by Anonymous and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.