This recipe is intended to be cooked in a Slow Cooker or Crockpot, but could also be adapted to bake in a 350 degree F. oven.
- 6 pork shoulder chops (butt chops, 2-3 lbs each)
- 63 millilitres all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons oil (plus additional if required)
- 2 medium chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 63 millilitres chilli sauce (bottled, sweet and spicy)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 125 millilitres chicken broth (optional)
Smothered Pork Chops is a community recipe submitted by Community and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
NOTE: There has to be enough sauce to cover the chops in the cooker. If it doesn't look like there will be enough sauce, add some chicken broth to the sauce and mix well before adding to pork chops. You can substitute any pork chop for this recipe (loin chops, boneless loin chops, country-style ribs).