Boil the potatoes whole until tender, about 10 minutes. Drain and cool to room temperature. Peel and cut potatoes into bite-size pieces, discarding potato skins. Put the hot dogs into a hot grill pan and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Cool the hot dogs to room temperature, then cut them crosswise into bite-size pieces. Toss the potatoes, parsley, basil, and olive oil in a large bowl. Season the potato salad with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the hot dogs to the salad and toss. Season to taste, adding additional olive oil if the salad seems too dry. Serve the salad at room temperature.
The recipe is from the mother of Giada De Laurentiis.
- 3 medium potatoes (russets)
- 63 millilitres olive oil (plus additional if necessary)
- ½ kilogram hot dog sausages (good quality, pierced)
- 63 millilitres chopped fresh italian parsley
- 2 tablespoons fresh, chopped basil leaves
- freshly ground pepper
Veronica's Potato Salad is a community recipe submitted by exiledcal and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.