This is a moist and ultra light cake. Here in Cyprus it is made when people are awaiting good news, translated it is called an "appearance pie". It is made with 7 major ingredients each representing a symbol - it is then made for 7 continuous weeks whether you recieve your good news or not. I just make it because I love it. The great thing is it is suitable for vegans as it is egg less.
- 250 millilitres cooking oil
- 250 millilitres sugar
- 250 millilitres orange juice
- 250 millilitres water
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 875 millilitres self-raising flour
- 3½ teaspoons baking powder
Cinnamon Cake is a community recipe submitted by georgia.cy and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.