This is a variation of the Chicken Etoufe recipe but it uses boneless chicken along with sausages and vegetables. Cajun-Creole seasoning provides the main flavour.
- 1 kilogram chicken (boneless from thighs and legs cut into small pieces)
- 255 grams sausages (spicy cut into ¼inch pieces)
- 1 splash of oil (enough to fry chicken)
- 250 millilitres chopped scallions
- 250 millilitres finely chopped green bell peppers
- 188 millilitres chopped finely celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons cajun-creole seasoning
- 500 millilitres chicken broth
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is a community recipe submitted by hobbycook and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.