This is a variation of the Chicken Etoufe recipe but it uses boneless chicken along with sausages and vegetables. Cajun-Creole seasoning provides the main flavour.
- 2⅕ pounds chicken (boneless from thighs and legs cut into small pieces)
- 9 ounces sausages (spicy cut into ¼inch pieces)
- 1 splash of oil (enough to fry chicken)
- 1 cup chopped scallions
- 1 cup finely chopped green bell peppers
- ¾ cup chopped finely celery
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 tablespoons cajun-creole seasoning
- 2 cups chicken broth
Please note that nigella.com is not able to accept responsibility for any substitutions that Ocado may need to make as a result of stock availability or otherwise. For any queries, head to ocado.com/customercare.
Feel free to use the “swap” feature and adjust brands and quantities as needed.
Chicken and Sausage Gumbo is a community recipe submitted by hobbycook and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.