I had a few extra, clean, basil leaves and decided that I wanted them in a biscuit. Since I had pesto on the brain, I went ahead and added pine nuts and Parmesan cheese as well. Thinking back....I should've added garlic. I wonder why I didn't think of that then? I mean...that's a no brainer. Garlic goes in everything!
- ⅓ cup toasted pinenuts
- 2 cups all-purpose flour (plus more for dusting)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 6 tablespoons cold butter (cut into small pieces)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- ½ cup milk
- ½ cup sour cream
Pesto Biscuits is a community recipe submitted by imstuffed and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.