Luscious toffee pudding with lots of sauce, no need to say more really!
- 113 grams butter
- 313 millilitres self-raising flour
- 125 millilitres brown sugar
- 125 millilitres milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 250 millilitres brown sugar
- 83 millilitres malted milk powder (e.g. Horlicks)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 375 millilitres boiling water
- 125 millilitres cream (optional)
Self-Saucing Butterscotch Pudding is a community recipe submitted by Jocelyn and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
I've said that the cream is optional because when I first made this recipe I didn't have any and thought that the end result tasted fabulous! The cream just adds an extra lusciousness to the sauce.