My sister passed this to me. It may be from a Martha Stewat collection, as she baked alot from her books. It's been quite some time since I last made it.
For the Pastry
- 625 flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon superfine sugar
- ¼ unsalted butter (cut into pieces)
- 1 small glass water
For the Filling
- 8 peeled, cored, chunked or sliced green apples
- 125 superfine sugar
- ½ juice of lemon
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch of nutmeg (or more if prefer)
- 1 tablespoon flour
- cold, diced unsalted butter
- 1 egg (beaten with 2tbsp heavy cream for eggy glaze sugar)
Apple Pie is a community recipe submitted by NYinRome and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
Remember all ingredients must be very cold, and the recommended pastry pan should be in aluminum.