These are great for dunking in milk, tea, coffee, or in any witch's brew!
For the Cookie Dough
- 1 stick butter (at room temperature)
- 250 millilitres granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 500 millilitres all-purpose flour
- 1 pinch of salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 500 millilitres confectioners' sugar
For the Icing
- 1 medium beaten egg white
- food colouring
Halloween Cookies is a community recipe submitted by Raha Lane and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
These cookies can be made for Christmas in star, snowflakes, trees, santa, elves, stockings, canes, etc...as edible ornaments. Before baking, poke small holes on top. Use decorative Christmas sugar for sprinkling.