Fish tastes SO good when it’s cooked with Spanish chorizo – the flavours marry perfectly. Try this simple recipe to see for yourself!
- 4 cod fillet (weighing about 150g each)
- 150 grams chorizo labelled with the Consorcio del Chorizo Español seal, sliced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 slices french bread or ciabatta
- 1 large garlic (sliced in half)
- 20 cherry tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons capers (drained)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flatleaf parsley (chopped)
- freshly ground pepper
SPANISH CHORIZO ROAST COD WITH CAPERS AND TOMATOES is a community recipe submitted by SpanishChorizoConsortium and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/Gas mark 4.
- Sprinkle 1 tablespoon olive oil into a roasting tin and add the cod fillets, turning to coat. Scatter the chorizo slices on top. Season with a little salt and black pepper and roast for 3-4 minutes.
- Meanwhile, arrange the slices of French bread or ciabatta on a baking sheet and rub with the cut surfaces of the garlic clove. Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Arrange the vine tomatoes on top of the fish and add the capers. Roast for 9-10 more minutes. At the same time, bake the bread slices to crisp and brown them. Cook the vegetables in lightly salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes.
- Scatter the chopped parsley over the fish and serve with the garlic bruschetta and vegetables.
Cook’s tip: Use any white fish you like, such as hake, haddock or halibut.