Mix the diced apples in apple juice and lemon juice with a touch of salt. In a bowl, mix marinated apples, diced celery stalks, roasted cashew nuts and raisins. Mix in mayonnaise, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg until well combined. A great starter or as a side dish to fried or baked pork chops. Enjoy.
You will love the twist given to our favorite fruit... the apple.
- 4 cored, peeled and cubed green apples
- 4 sticks deveined and diced celery
- 250 millilitres roasted cashew nuts
- 250 millilitres raisins
- 2 splashes of apple juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 pinch of salt
- 250 millilitres mayonnaise
- 125 millilitres brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 dash nutmeg
Apple Salad is a community recipe submitted by symphony0509 and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.