This soup reminds me of a soup I used to eat at a diner as a child. It is velvet smooth with a tangy cheese taste.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 250 millilitres diced yellow onion
- 250 millilitres diced carrots
- 250 millilitres diced celery
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 500 millilitres chicken broth
- 375 millilitres 2% milk
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- 198 grams cheddar cheese
Cheddar Cheese Soup is a community recipe submitted by TexasBaker and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
This soup reheats well in the microwave and keeps for three days in the fridge. Serve it with crispy bacon bits for some added texture and salty crunch.