I love Nigella's Rocky Road. My family and friends love it and it's what I'm most known for making. During January I went vegan for 'Veganuary' which meant I had to adapt Nigella's sacred recipe so that I could still have my favourite treat. I hope Nigella will like this!
- 300 grams plain chocolate (vegan)
- 130 grams vegan margarine (I used pure sunflower spread)
- 45 grams golden syrup
- 200 grams rich tea biscuits
- 125 grams brazil nuts roughly chopped
- 60 grams dried apricots roughly chopped
- 60 grams soft dried pitted dates roughly chopped
Vegan Rocky Road is a community recipe submitted by thedancingbaker and has not been tested by Nigella.com so we are not able to answer questions regarding this recipe.
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and then melt over a low heat in a saucepan with the vegan margarine and golden syrup. Keep an eye on the mixture or it may burn.
- In a seperate bowl, gently bash the biscuits until you have a mixture of smaller and larger shards perfect for a rocky road. Add to this the nuts and dried fruit.
- Carefully pour the rich chocolate liquid over the biscuit mix and stir until evenly coated.
- Pour the mixture into a pre-lined square dish (approximately 20cm x 20cm). Press the mixture gently down with the back of a spoon. Then put in the fridge to set for at least 2 hours. Overnight is better - if you can wait that long!
- Remove from tin, sprinkle with a little sieved icing sugar and cut into 12 pieces with a sharp knife. Enjoy with a cup of tea!